There are many aspects of a PPC account that one should be aware of when auditing or evaluating performance.
Some topics questions and notes that I examine while auditing an account are:
- How is the account currently structured?
- Is the current structure limiting any high-performing campaigns?
- Are any keywords taking all of the available budget from other keywords?
- Does the structure make sense for the goals of the account?
Budgets and bidding
- Are budgets shared and limiting performance in any campaigns?
- Are smart bid strategies being utilized?
- Is enhanced CPC on?
- Any use of bid adjustments?
- Are all match types being utilized?
- If broad match type is being utilized is the negative keyword list built out enough?
- How is the negative keyword list?
- Are you combing through the search terms report and adding more negative keywords?
- Utilizing broad match modified?
- Utilizing geo appended keywords?
- Exclude locations outside of service area
- Take a look at the advanced location settings
- Is the account utilizing all appropriate ad extensions?
- Is Google Business linked with a tracking number in the AdWords field?
- Is conversion tracking properly setup?
- Tracking all forms, live chats, calls?
- Keyword level attribution for conversion tracking
Display & audiences
- Are any audiences being utilized?
- Is remarketing setup?
- Remarketing list for search ads?
- In-market for search?
- Are mobile apps excluded from display targeting?
- Check content exclusions
- Check frequency capping
If you’re interested in having your Google Ads or Bing Ads audited then contact us today.